Wednesday 20 January 2010

He’s a Mexi‘can’

You might recognise this guy from Once Upon a Time in Mexico (Depp, Banderas etc). He’s the one who, when asked if he’s a Mexican or a Mexican’t, says ‘I’m a Mexican’. Gripping scene, right enough. Anyway! Estevan Oriol is a photographer who shoots Mexican gangsters and this actor/ex-gangster(?) was one of his subjects. This is the first digital portrait I ever did in Illustrator, after a little tutorial in my first year at uni. Not sure why I did the background that way though…


1 comment:

  1. Looks real good honestly. I actually like the background. don't ever doubt the things you do in your art. You did them for one reason or another, and someone will end up liking it. :)

    ReplyDelete

➔ Please do not copy any image from this blog without permission; I keep proof of ownership on all of my work ☺