Wednesday 3 February 2010

Polish Film Posters

I came across the world of Polish film posters when I was researching Piotr Dumala and his jaw-droppingly atmospheric animations for a bit of work during my Foundation year. There are, of course, thousands of Polish film posters but there seem to be a certain bunch from the 80s that achieve the strongest visual form. I’m referring to those that combined a good concept with a great drawing and a limited colour palette. I suppose they are, in some ways, incredibly ugly but it’s their shamelessness and consistency in that respect that must make them lovable at the same time. The first one here is definitely my favourite of all. In my mind, Starowieyski was to Polish posters what Klimt was to the Secession…indispensable

No comments:

Post a Comment

➔ Please do not copy any image from this blog without permission; I keep proof of ownership on all of my work ☺