Saturday 13 February 2010

Grid Systems/Raster systeme by Müller-Brockmann

I’m currently working through the book below, which I bought recently after it finally became in-stock on Amazon, and have to say it’s one of the best I’ve ever read on layout and typesetting. Readers may already be aware of most of what’s in it but it’s really handy to get something that keeps everything in one place. It’s a beautiful book too. If anyone is interested, it‘s on Amazon but you’ll have to be quick (it’s quite highly sought after), and don’t worry that it says it’s German – it has an English translation running beside the German right through. Fantastisch!

Also: I would steer clear of the ironically named Layout Book by Ambrose and Harris if you’re after something that actually teaches anything in detail about layout. It’s worth getting to adorn your bookcase but only for its varied examples of design work and its basic intro to all things typographic (like the golden section, typefaces and book page rhythms).


No comments:

Post a Comment

➔ Please do not copy any image from this blog without permission; I keep proof of ownership on all of my work ☺