Wednesday 3 February 2010

Pocket watch

Here’s the pocket watch I got for Christmas. I love it. It’s shiny, and that’s all that matters.

The other day, however, I came across a watch as I was looking to see what ‘niello’ was and I saw a really nice art deco one but it’s sold! Noooooo! Niello, incidentally, is a black compound of metals that would get pressed into ready-made grooves on metal objects (usually swords or armour) and it’s since made its way into other objects like that watch…which is sold…bah

I wanted to see how my camera would fare with a little macro-setting test. Not bad for a completely digital camera. I love shooting in macro – there’s so much to explore all around us, only on a tiny scale. Just look at Willard Wigan: he has worked on sculptures that you could inhale if you got too close! I like the end of Men in Black where the universe is portrayed as a marble being tossed about by some massive alien creatures. Makes you wonder…


No comments:

Post a Comment

➔ Please do not copy any image from this blog without permission; I keep proof of ownership on all of my work ☺