Wednesday 26 August 2009

Waddington Air Show

I thought I’d drop in a few images of the Waddington Air Show that I saw…sometime in the recent past…. Lots of noise, lots of awesomeness, and a guys-only competition for most enormous zoom lense.



This was the Spanish response to the Red Arrows who, ten minutes earlier, whizzed by and over-turned the port-a-loos. They were actually about an 8 on the awesomeness scale; they kept flying head-on towards each other like kamikaze psychos.



The Vulcan, at the top, took the skies all on its onesies.



Damn, the bald guy’s seen me…



Not to be out-done by jets, the copters did loops all over the place! 

At first I thought this guy was giving me the finger with an ironic smile. I quickly checked it on my camera and, finding that it was just a west-side sign, I put the stone back on the floor. 

I sat in this one…yep. My aero-fanatic pilot friend was with me that day but was somewhere else at this point and got mildly jealous when I told him I got to sit in this. I didn’t even know the name of it! …I still don’t!



Cue Ride of the Valkyries…

No comments:

Post a Comment

➔ Please do not copy any image from this blog without permission; I keep proof of ownership on all of my work ☺