Sunday 13 March 2011

NBA design

www.nba.com

I used to play basketball quite a lot as a kid and ever since then I've been fascinated by the visual side of the NBA - the logos are obviously central to each team's 'look' and you can see, on the website above, how cleverly the designers have 'padded out' each logo to create a uniquely styled website for each team.

I think the site is a great example of how many different ways you can make what is essentially the same content look using a good template. If you go to the 'teams' tab at the top left of the page and click on each to cycle through,  you can see what I mean. Nothing too complex either - just loads of strokes, upon strokes for the type, some drop shadows here and there, and lots of colour/colour gradients or a textured background.

If there's one reason I'd love to live in America, it's so I could go to basketball games! It's one of the few things from my childhood that I still find exciting today. The worst part about it is that my favourite team, Settle Sonics (Shawn Kemp was awesome!), were disbanded for whatever reason years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

➔ Please do not copy any image from this blog without permission; I keep proof of ownership on all of my work ☺