Sunday 25 July 2010

My first piece of published design

Well I kept my word, and here it is; I put this together for the company I work for as a back-page advert to a regional care guide publication. It'll run for a year, I think, and I had quite a lot of other work to do at the time so I was quite pleased I got something together.

I learned a bit about how difficult it can be to get the design process right when you're not working with other designers. I'm a big believer in getting the message and content very clear for what you want before you design anything but, of course, we can't always expect non-designers to understand that or the reasons why. The logo itself was done by another designer who was freelancing for the company before I was brought in to keep the brand in place and make sure it was being maintained. Anyway, just looking forward to seeing it in print now.

3 comments:

  1. that looks really good.
    congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you, you bastard! When you disappeared from Facebook and presumably changed your mobile, I thought that I would never see you again!
    I like this, good simple concept :)
    Ben

    ReplyDelete

➔ Please do not copy any image from this blog without permission; I keep proof of ownership on all of my work ☺